Before start talking about best things to do in Pai for 3 days
“Eva! Seriously, Pai is love! We fell in love with Pai and I met so many cool people there!” “Eva! Pai is so chilled and relaxed! You will love it!” Yup, this was back in Vangvieng on 2016 NYE! I met so many cool people who have been to Pai and they were crazy about Pai. Pai? Really? They poured all these nice words about Pai on me when we talked about Pai! And all the recommendations on best things to do in Pai for 3 days more or less!
I finally had a chance to go to Pai for 3 nights and 4 days! There are so many amazing places to visit and cool things to do but here are best things to do in Pai for 3 days for you from my experience!
Get a scooter to do best things to do in Pai for 3 days
If you want to do things on Best things to do in Pai for 3 days list, it’s a must to take a scooter or a motorbike since major attractions in Pai such as Pai Grand Canyon, Hot Spings, and waterfalls are scattered in Pai! If you are not confident enough to drive, then you should find a friend who takes you on his (or her) back at the hostel!(Of course, you can try walking. But the distance between your accommodation and Pai Grand Canyon is more than 9 km, then… haha. Tell me how it went if you want to explore Pai on foot!)
Best things to do in Pai for 3 days
1.Chill in Sai Ngam Hot Spring in Pai
Chilling in Sai Nganlm Hot Spring’s warm water without the smell of sulfur (which smells like a rotten egg) in the afternoon with your good friends in a cold place like Pai is a perfect way to enjoy Pai! You can easily spend at least 1 hour talking with your friend and it feels really good! I liked staying in the warm water at Sai Nganlm Hot Spring the best on Best things to do in Pai for 3 days list!
- Location: Click here to see Sai Ngam Hot Spring on the map.
- Entrance Fee: It’s tricky. They charge you twice somehow. You pay 20 baht per person and per motorbike first. And when you arrive at Sai Ngan Hot Spring, you have to pay 20 per person to swim in Sai Ngan Hot Spring.
2.Visit cute small random temples
No AFT(Another Fxxking Temple) in Pai
I’m not a huge fan of big, flashy touristy temples! But you will appreciate these small random temples in Pai with no umbrella holding ladies but you! On your way to some waterfalls or hot springs, you will see cute small temples. If you like them, just stop there, walk around the temple, and you pray in a quiet atmosphere! Also, you can talk to monks if you are lucky!
3.Explore Pai Grand Canyon
Pai Grand Canyon is neither like a real Grand Canyon in the United States nor Chiang Mai Grand Canyon (where you can jump off the edge of the canyon and into the water). But it was great to see nice views. It’s also a great spot to take some nice pictures.
- Location: Click here to see Pai Grand Canyon on the map.
- Entrance fee: Free
- Tip: It’s a bit slippery so avoid wearing flip flops.
4. Go to Pai Pam Bok Waterfall
Pam Bok Waterfall’s water is 9 Km away from Pai city center and it takes about 20 minutes to get there by motorbike. Icy cold water at Pam Bok Waterfall doesn’t stop people from jumping off the rock next to it! Yup, I jumped as well! It was a bit slippery to climb up to the top of the rock. Make sure to grab well or get a little push from your friends or people there. I was so scared to jump, but I could do it thanks to the supports and cheers from other travelers who I just met there! Get a towel to dry yourself since the water is too cold!
- Location: Click here to see Pam Bok waterfall on the map.
- Entrance fee: Free
- Tip: The water is freezing cold, so don’t forget to take the towel with you. (I almost got a cold from jumping and swimming in Pam Bok Waterfall.)
5. Treat yourself at Pai Night Market (Walking Street Market Pai)
The very first night in Pai, you will fall in love with Pai night market. Pai night market is not as big as Chiang Mai night markets but It has so many things to offer. You can find fake Adidas jersey, artistic accessories to different kinds of food and dessert! You can find a big portion of Thai food for only 40 baht. There are different kinds of meat sticks, vegetable sticks, and mushroom sticks. Also, there is various desserts and bread! With 100 baht, you can be really full! Now, it’s all up to you to decide what you will eat! It will be very challenging for you since everything looks so delicious and cheap!
You can find a big portion of Thai food for only 40 baht. There are different kinds of meat sticks, vegetable sticks, and mushroom sticks. Also, there is various desserts and bread! With 100 baht, you can be really full! Now, it’s all up to you to decide what you will eat! It will be very challenging for you since everything looks so delicious and cheap!
- Location: Click here to see the location of Pai Night Market.
6.Chillax at the Sunset Bar in Pai
Sunset bar is a perfect place to relax and watch the sunset. It’s so beautiful to see the changes of colors of the sky while chilling on the hammock. Also, walking on the road next to the rice field at night is wonderful. The harmony of dark blue sky, shining stars, the full moon, and the cool fresh air is so beautiful that you will fall in love with Pai. It’s so magical! Also, it’s really fun to watch people laughing after taking magic mushroom shakes! 😉
- Location: Click here to see the location of Pai Sunset Bar on the map.
- Tip: There are two sunset bars. The first one is good but I liked the second one. It’s more fun to hang out with many people. I recommend leaving the scooter at the 1st sunset bar and walk to the 2nd sunset bar. It’s so magical to walk back at night!
What is the first thing that you want to do from Best things to do in Pai for 3 days list? Or Have you ever been to Pai? What were your favorite best things to do in Pai for 3 days? Please leave a comment and let’s share stories together! : )
Are you going to the south or north of Thailand? or Laos?
- Bangkok to Ayutthaya: Is it too good or too late to give up?
- Top 5 things to do in Ayutthaya
- Top 6 fun things to do in Chiang Mai
- Top 3 things to do in Ao Nang Krabi for 20 something party lovers
- 3 things that can happen to you in a diver’s heaven, Koh Tao
- Top 5 things to do in Luang Prabang, Laos
Do you want to read more my travel stories?
- first time backpacking in Bangkok for 7 days: Days of Nightmare in Bangkok
- Loy Krathong: Bangkok’s beautiful festival
- 2 Days in Kanchanaburi: Is it a perfect BKK getaway?
- 3 things that can happen to you in Koh Tao
- Top 3 weird guys I’ve met on the road for 7 months
- The reason why I avoid Asian travelers