Before you start reading Top 10 things to do in Penang #2
Do you remember what’s on Top 10 things to do in Penang #1 list?
- “Yes, I do!” – Keep reading this Top 10 things to do in Penang #2 post! 😉
- “Well, I’m not sure.” or “No, I don’t.” – Please go back to Top 10 things to do in Penang #1 post. 🙂
Then, let’s see what 5 more interesting things to do in Penang!
6. Wander around Little India!
Wandering around Little India was one of my typical things to do in George Town. As you step into Little India, you will feel welcomed by the exciting Indian music, different Indian spices, and beautiful flowers. You will also see Indian women who are wearing traditional colorful dresses, an Indian man reading a newspaper while waiting for his Rotti Canai on his chair at the food stall on the street……
Little India in Penang (George Town) has a special vibe that is very hard to explain. The only way to find out is to go to Little India, and feel it by using all your senses!
7. Treat yourself with nice local food
Are you thinking about what to eat for lunch while you’re having breakfast? Do you feel like eating again when you see delicious food right in front of you even though you just finished your meal or dessert? Very good! George Town is a perfect place for foodies like you and me! Treating myself with Penang food was my favorite thing to do on my top 8 typical things to do in Penang list.
Welcome to heaven! Try famous local dishes like Char Kway Teow, Penang Asam Laksa, different mee (=noodles), and desserts like Chendol and Ice Kacang! They are waiting for you to be eaten at food street stalls and night hawkers! All you need is to follow your nose and eyes! Go for whatever looks good, whatever smells great! 😉
Oh, you are still not sure what to eat? No worries! I’ll tell you what to eat in George Town.
8. Chilling on the beach (Batu Ferringhi)
Are you exhausted by walking around George Town (Penang)? No worries! Take a AC bus and have a little beach time. But I warn you beaches in Penang aren’t the best… but it’s better than nothing… right? 😉
It’s really nice to chill on the beach talking with your friend if you want to get out of George Town’s busy streets and crowds. Also, you can meet unexpected companies on the beach!
9. Kek Lok Si temple (Air Itam)
Kek Lok Si temple is not only the biggest temple in Malaysia but an important temple for pilgrims from other parts of Southeast Asia.
If you read my blog posts, you would know that I’m not the biggest fan of temples. But surprisingly I liked Kek Lok Si temple because it wasn’t just AFT (Another Fucking Temple), there was something special about Kek Lok Si .
Click here to check out what’s special in Kek Lok Si temple.
10. Going up to Penang Hill (Air Itam)
Penang Hill is a must-go place in Penang. Going up the steep hill by a Penang Hill train can make you feel nervous and excited at the same time!
The view from the top of Penang Hill is stunning! It’s totally worth going there to see the best view of Penang (when the weather is good)!
- Entrance fee: RM 30
- Opening hours: 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM
How was my Top 10 things to do in Penang? Do you have any other suggestions or other things to do in Penang? Don’t hesitate to write about your experience! I’d love to hear from you! 😉
Explore your life now
- Click here to know why I started my blog and traveling
- Click here to see Top 10 things to do in Penang, Malaysia #1
- Click here if you want to check out Top 5 nontypical things to do in Penang
- Click here to check out Penang Street Art (Georgetown)
- Click here to read 6 fun things to do in Chiang Mai
- Click here to check out Top 5 things to do in a beautiful old city, Ayutthaya
- Click here to see Top 5 things to do in Luang Prabang, Laos